The short cycle course in Control Room Operations and Emergency Responses in O&G Industry (CRO) provides the ultimate training and competency assessment of procedures and emergency response situations, with video recording and printed monitoring of the trainee performance. The use of a virtual control room improves the training effectiveness on both advanced generic and site specific dynamic simulations. Placing the operator in a control room, that closely emulates a standard environment, in conjunction with the use of telephone and radio links create a real-life and high stress
- Provide on-plant instructions in process operations
- Operate, monitor and remotely control of integrated process systems
- Maintaining the safety of process operations
- Isolate and reinstate process plant and equipment
- Prepare integrated process systems for startup and shutdown
- Managing process condition information
- Responding to abnormal process conditions in upstream and downstream operations
- Managing the response to incidents, hazardous conditions and emergencies
- Control emergencies and critical situations
Available Offered Modules
Oil and Gas Production Platform
The course will take place at the academic year 2017-2018.
The duration of the course is 20 hours and normally conducted within a week.
Course cost is 1.500€.
The course conducted within a virtual control room with a hi-tech simulator which costs more than 150.000€.